Sunday, June 16, 2013

Buffalo Round Up!

Luke and my dad and I signed up to help with the Buffalo Round Up on Antelope Island.  Then it snowed...snowed...snowed. I bailed, I couldn't ride my horse for 8 hours in 19 degrees.  I am a wimp.  But Luke and my dad are not.  They took Isaac and Wyoming and went.  Unfortunately, no pictures of Luke and Isaac.  But this trip did inspire my dad to want to get the horses in better shape and to buy a bull whip.  Apparently quite the exciting adventure.  I haven't done it in years, but I want to sign up again and pray for 40 degree days.

 The men smartly decided to call me and have me move the trailer from one side of the island to the other.  The full 8 hours in the saddle would have had to been reversed and reridden, which many people had to do.  But all involved, Isaac, Jeff, Luke, and Wyoming were worn out so my mom and the girls and I went to move the truck.  It worked out perfectly because we saw a ton of buffalo!  Made my children's day!

No comments: