Sunday, June 16, 2013

30th Birthday

November 28th!  I turned 30.  That morning my cute husband woke up and didn't go to work.  I kept watching the clock, and I kept saying, "you are going to be late..."  Finally he said, "I think I'll take the morning off and take you to breakfast."  Pretty sure that was a first in our 7 years of marriage, and I was so excited.  We dropped the girls off at Grandma Marlene's and off we went to breakfast.  It's my favorite meal of the day and I love eating at those dive diners for breakfast.  It was so nice.  As we started driving to get the kids and visiting, I realized we were in Spanish Fork, about a half hour past his parent's turn off.  I started to realize something was up.  Luke pulled over in our new awesome minivan, and pumped up our blow up bed, placed it in the back and said we were going to spend the day together driving somewhere cool, and he wanted me to drive in style!  I watched the 1st couple epidisodes of Friday Night LIghts, lieing on a mattress in my van and loving life!  Don't ever tell my kids I did that, they are always required to wear their seat belts!!!
We got to Moab and pulled into Arches National Park!  Luke packed us bags of clothes and had it all worked out for his mom to watch our kids for the next two days.  He did back weird clothes for me, like maternity jeans (not pregnant at the time), old tennis shoes I didn't know I owned, and a mismatched swim top and bottom.  But no complaining, only laughter.  THe only hitch in our plans was when I asked what he had done about our dog.  "SHADE!" he yelled.  "I forgot about Shade!"  A quick call to our great neighbor helped that and we spent the next two days hiking and playing, watching movies at the theater, and fulfilling a check on my bucket LIST!
Yep!  I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane.   I always said I wanted to, and Luke made it happen.  Calling the plane perfectly good might be a stretch, it was held together mostly my duct tape and I was more worried about the flight up then I was the jump out.  Especially since they made me sit on the ski dive instructor's lap the WHOLE FLIGHT!  He probably weighed 100 lbs and was 5 inches shorter than me.  I felt like I was sitting on a child, and Luke was sitting across from our tangled legs on a duct taped metal box thing.  I started to panic a little as I realized if I died I was leaving two beautiful children.  As the strange tiny man and I jumped out of the plane I told Luke to make sure he remarried quickly because I don't want my kids raised by strangers who don't love them!
Turned out awesome!  We all lived, even tiny man, though his legs buckled under the weight of the both of us and we crash landed-not what he intended!  

\
 Sorry all the pictures are of me... I am not a picture taker and Luke snapped a few!  Beautiful hikes!

Great birthday Honey! Thanks!
 They made Luke wear a parachute anyway in case the duct tape didn't hold!


 Flew over both national parks on the way up!  Beautiful flight!
Notice tiny man underneath me!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I am DYing laughing right now